Step into a world of magic and passions....

Take a dash of spice, heat it.

Add a flash of magic and watch the sparks fly.

Toss in a killer that's targeting women.

Add a handful of witches from all paths to stir it all together...

Friday, April 12, 2013

How the Magic Seasons happened

This was recently featured in Bewitching Book Tours Magazine:


I’d love to say the series was planned and plotted, but in truth it wasn’t.  At the time I typed that first letter, I hadn’t even written anything other than the odd poem for about ten years.  The actual idea to sit down and write a book started as me trying to get the last word in on a friend.

My close friend and I both worked from home in 2006 when From Beltane Magic was written and at that time we spent nearly every day together, whether online or short road trips, even working together.  In the fall she decided she was going on a trip to see family in the states and was going to be gone more than a month.  I was devastated and had no idea what I was going to do with myself while she was away.  When I asked her that question her reply was ‘write a book’ … so I did.

A month later when she returned I was on the second book and the story was just flying onto the pages.  My friend read the first story, and I’m sure she expected a joke in some way and it was my surprised when she was honestly shocked that I had an actual story, with plot—and a good one at that.  The rest they say is history.

Where did I get the idea for the plot?  At first I didn’t really have a plot, just ideas and experiences to put onto paper.  The series really started to form when I began to figure out the characters.  I had just spend two years traveling around to various pagan festivals and met some rather fantastic people along the way.  While I didn’t base my characters on any one person I met at this time, it clear that each character is a mix of many from that time.  I really wanted to share all the knowledge I had obtained in this time and even though I didn’t have the thrill of seeing some of the fabulous things my characters can do, the underlying pagan beliefs are there weaved in the story.

Of course I was as shocked when my sweet paranormal romance turned into something entirely different and the first murder victims were discovered on that damp morning of the Beltane gathering.

Jacqueline Paige
Step into a world of magic and passions. . .
All Things Paranormal


No comments:

Post a Comment